- Download the “Helium Hotspot Utility” App from the Google Play or Apple store.
- Attach the antenna and power cable to the SenseCAP hotspot, then power on. Wait for the blue light at the rear of the unit to illuminate, it will likely be doing a rapid flash. Note: Mount the antenna to wall, attic, spare bedroom or roof.
- There is a small button beside the blue light. Press the button on the back for 6-10 seconds until the blue light turns to slow flash mode.
- When the blue light is in slow-flash (pairing mode), open the “Helium Hotspot Utility” app, click the magnifying glass button in the bottom right to scan for hotspot and connect to the Sensecap hotspot. Press connect to pair with device.
- Once paired, use the app to connect the device to your WiFi network.
- As soon as you’re connected, that’s it your done!
Helium is used by
The People’s Network is made possible through sophisticated, open-source technologies that aim to create a truly decentralized and trust-less model for building wireless infrastructure.
Tokens & Data Credits
The network uses two units of exchange: HNT, a new cryptocurrency, and Data Credits.
Our novel proof-of-work algorithm enables Hotspots to be rewarded trustlessly.
LongFi combines the low-power, long-range LoRaWAN wireless protocol with the Helium Blockchain.